Social Justice thrives in a civil society where virtuous people are concerned about
- enhancing human wellbeing,
- promoting social change,
- working to solve problems and
- realising human rights
- and social justice
What then is virtue?
- It is a dispositional feature of a person’s character
- It can be learned or acquired; it is not innate
- Is an emotional perceptiveness that has courage blended with fear that responds to the feelings or fear of another person
- It is a quality that is required of individuals living in a civil society.
- Allow us to live life well
- Involve acting with good intent; morally appropriate in that circumstance; acting with good motive