On the interview show Inside the Actors’ Studio, host James Lipton asks each of his guests the same ten questions. What are your responses?
- What is your favourite word?
Plumptious. It means deliciously plump, as in a Reubenesque. Men can’t be plumptious, they’re plain fat.
- What is your least favorite word?
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Creatively: Being surrounded by a group of creative people; a deadline; a challenge
Emotionally: Tender touch
- What turns you off?
Ambivalence drives me crazy. Be one thing or another but don’t have no commitment at all.
- What is your favorite curse word?
Shite. I think ‘feck’ is way cool – but not my word
- What sound or noise do you love?
Crashing ocean waves; thunder cracks; baby gurgles
- What sound or noise do you hate?
Whinging, whining, and people who repeat the same thing several times to make sure you got it. Yeah ok, I got it the first time. Shut-the-fuck-up, already, I heard you.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
A surgeon. Love the idea of dissecting body parts, fixing hips and knees and using that cranial saw.
- What profession would you not like to do?
A school teacher. Seriously, who would want to be a school teacher with some of the kids out there today.
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Mission accomplished. Welcome home.